Lions are members of the worlds largest service organisation and are people who:
- Endeavour to give something back to their communities
- Identify the needs of others and set about meeting those needs
- Enjoy working together in fellowship in order to help those less fortunate
The activities and service of Lions members is entirely voluntary and the motto of the organisation is - " We Serve"
Ready to Help, Worldwide
Whenever a Lions club gets together, problems get smaller. And communities get better. That's because we help where help is needed – in our own communities and around the world – with unmatched integrity and energy.
Our 46,000 clubs and 1.35 million members make us the world's largest service club organization.
We're also one of the most effective. We get the job done.
- Fed 60,000 people in a township in South Africa. It's something Lions do there every day.
- Sent a team of eye surgeons to Honduras to treat more than 100 adults and children.
Everywhere we work, we make friends. With children who need schoolbooks, with seniors who need transportation and with people we may never meet.
We're led by talented, dedicated volunteer leaders from around the world. And, we're supported by the Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF), which helps to fund Lions humanitarian projects.