Watch out for many activities that we will be involved in during our year ahead. We have already got underway with the following activities
- Introduction to Lions - Join the Navan Lions Club to understand what we are about
- Annual Senior Citizens - Pre Christmas Concert
- The International Lions School Peace Poster
- The Annual Flag Day in aid of Navan Lions Club
This was a very busy year for Navan Lions. We will continued to work with many of the deserving groups we work with in the local community providing support to them.
Some of the activities that took place between October 2011 and June 2012 included :
- The Annual Schools Peace Poster - took place in October
- The Senior Citizen Concert - this took place in November
- An Introduction to Navan Lions Club was hosted to introduce Navan Lions Club to our community to encourage new members to join us in supporting us.
- Our Annual Flag day took place in aid of MIDWAY is on Saturday 28th January in the Navan and Johnstown Shopping Centres
- Fashion Show launching Spring/Summer Fashion from a number of top Fashion Boutiques
- The Annual Navan Lions Club Golf Classic was scheduled for June but due to our very bad weather in June this did not happen
Watch out for many more activities that we will be involved in during our year ahead.
The Lions International Theme for 2011/ 2012 - I BELIEVE
- Lambs Sale Proceeds - The local Meath IFA worked again this year with us and donated the proceeds of lambs to Navan Lions Club - this very generous donation enabled us to provide the Wellness Workshop together with SOS free of change to more then 30 people.
- A Preloved Clothes Sale was held in March 2011 to support AWARE - this was a great fun event where many people picked up preloved and nearly new high fashion in our one day pop up shop in Trimgate Street Navan.
- A Wellness Workshop held together with SOS (Sucide or Survive - March 2010
- MIDWAY - Navan Lions Supporting MIDWAY - January 2011 - The Navan Lions Annual Flag day this year supported MIDWAY. This took place on Saturday 29th January in Navan and Johnstown Shopping Centres. Proceeds were donated to MIDWAY and this enabled us to help support the local MIDWAY projects.
- Senior Citizen Concert - November 2010 - Tom Fitzsimon (organiser) pulled out all the stops again this year for the annual Senior Citizens Concert in St Mary's Community Centre (Trimgate Street Navan). A host of local talented musicians took part and provided great entertainment for the evening.
- Navan Active Retirement Halloween Fancy Dress - October 2010 - Navan Lions Supported the Active Retirement Fancy Dress competition. May great charaters tuned up on the day including - "Barbie 50 years on ", Save Navan Hospital . A great fun day had by all.
- Christmas Support - December 2010 - we provided support to local community groups by Navan Lions over the festive season included :
- Food vouchers distributed to the community - Kells /Navan and Trim
- Meat vouchers to Navan Meals on Wheels
- NYPD Navan received support for their local needs
2009 / 2010
Navan Lions have had a very busy year and we have been involved in many different project to support the local community and various groups within the community.
- Cheltenham Lunch at Navan Racecourse beneficiary Meath River Rescue
- A Fashion Show in Trim's Knightbrook Golf and Country Club beneficiary Meath Womens Refuge
- Home Security for Elderly – Navan Lions donated alarms for people in the community
- IFA Lamb Project – A local Meath IFA group donated proceeds from the sale of their lambs to Navan Lions for local needs. This donation provided support to the Meath Multiple Sclerosis.
- Senior Citizen Concert - Navan - a great nights entertainment annually organised by Navan Lions
- Navan Boy Scouts The Lions club replaced stolen Camping Equipment to help scouts continue to enjoy their summer camping trips.
Global Projects Supported
- Karakol Orphanage Projects
- Street Children of San Paolo
- Lions Youth Exchange Programme
- July 2010 - this is a cultural opportunity for young people.
2008 / 2009
- Old Folks Visit to St Joseph’s Trim – Flower Arranging
- Fashion show in aid of Special Olympics
- Senior Citizen Concert - Navan